Hello there! It’s that time of the year again. Last year, I told myself to start this habit of summarizing how my year went and I shall give you that. Here’s to a year in review of my 2020 😀
A surprising year of everyone. COVID says hi. 😀
Yes, I’m a bit delayed but better late than never. This time around, I will follow Ali Abdaal’s Anti-Wasteman System for my Year 2020 Annual Review. Love how intricate and practical it is. I made this last January but need to cut out some private stuff if I were to post it here!
HERE WE GO! Let’s start…
🤔 Step 1 – Reflect
🥰 I’m grateful for
- Kriza Sy – For handling our client diligently. I also appreciate her ways of keeping us fed and happy. 🥺 She’s one of the best PMs I have ever worked with and she talks so kindly to us. I can feel the amount of patience and hard work she has put into our team.
- Mark Valles – Our iOS Lead who meticulously checks our code. Humble and Kind. Love to be around Kuya Mark, he is very warm in person and can talk about some fun stuff.
- Dan Navarez – Always helpful whenever I ask him for help. Hard-working and someone you can rely on. Our Papa Jack in Team BBR.
- Alvin Cosare – a smart guy that no one can deny to be an asset on every team he will be a part of. Right now, we joined forces in subscribing to Nymeria. 😆
- Jamie – he shared something on our channel about Audible, then I tried it for myself. And wow, it was a game-changer for me. A lifehack indeed. I’ve easily listened to a bunch of books because of Audible. I said my thanks and he was very appreciative.
- Michael – for motivating me to get back in my morning routines. Intelligent, warm, and an extremely great communicator. Taught me how to monologue. A leader you would love to follow and listen to.
- My BBR Team – for making things happen and for being the best team by far I have in Appetiser.
- Emma Gregg – Our angel. My mom and I stayed with her in the UK. We weren’t able to survive if it wasn’t for Tita. She might be strict but you will surely learn. Such a witty and funny personality.
- Venus fam – Our angels in the UK as well. For the warmest welcome despite how busy they are. Our go-to crib whenever free. Bonding with my cousins over food and Tiktok.
- My family – I owe them a lot for keeping away Mama from them for a long time. But they were only thoughtful and loving. I can see now how our treatment towards each other evolved. We used to fight back then (me and my sibs), now we are more matured that we can’t help but treat each other with so much respect, love, and kindness.
- Tita Riza and Facturan Family – For the warmest welcome in the UAE. Grateful to know them better that we would not have a chance if they visit PH.
- Jobie May – For making Smart Gadget PH happen. Someone I can rely on and trust. Super proud of her. I would have not made it on my own. My attention span is volatile and I am always distracted. Partnership with your sister can be lovely <3
- My ex-boyfriend – Still grateful to have met him. Learned a lot from the relationship. He never failed to be kind and loving towards me ’til the end.
- My best friends – Ate Mil, Claudine, Jasmin, and Ariane – For constantly being there. Always ready to listen to my thoughts and feelings and give good advice. Super blessed.
- Traveled to UAE for about 3 weeks before COVID became a pandemic. Desert, Mosques, and tall beautiful buildings. Legit Shawarma is real. I’d find trouble in eating elsewhere now that I’ve tried the real thing.
- Traveled to the UK for about 5 months due to lockdown. British Accent is love. I’m trying to adapt to it but it still needs more work and British people exposure XD I shall return po.
- My COVID Story
- Room and Workspace Make Over. Loving Interior design
- Bring my whole family to Manila for IDC
- Started a small online business with my sis
- Investing in Crypto and US stocks
- Bring my mom to travel with me
- Launched WooWho and BBR App
- Improved Driving Skills according to my Dad. But still, need to work on my parking.
- Kindle Oasis <3 Having a warm light setting is my deal and I love the luxury feels of its built. I’ve noticed I get to read more in Kindle more than physical books. I love how I am unconsciously aware of how thick a book is but I end up finishing them surprisingly.
- Amazon Alexa Echo Dots for Audiobooks and smart home automation!
- Philipps Hue Lights for better lighting at home and automation
🧠 Game Changers
- GoodReads – started being active in GoodReads and keep it up to date.
- Morning Routines
⭐️ What Happened This Year?
🎞 The Big Picture
- Coronavirus Pandemic
- Canceled flights: New York, New Zealand, AU – Melbourne, China – Shanghai, Japan – Tokyo.
- Was not able to explore UK that much, but at least I got to explore UAE for 3 weeks.
- Got sick for 3 weeks. Possible COVID.
- Working with WooWho and Bodies By Rachel
- They appreciated how I created my Progress Reports. Recommended by Skye, Alma, and Alvin <3
- Was not able to work with Happy Voyager as often as I would have liked.
- Single Blessedness
- Coronavirus Pandemic
- Went to Manila for IDC 2020 with my Family and applied for UK Visa
- UAE! Dubai + Abu Dhabi
- Got super sick. Possible Covid. Dubai – United Kingdom Airport collapse
- Health Recovery <3 TY Lord
- Watched Moneyheist + CLOY
- Love UK’s supermarket: My fave: Chicken Fillet that I could just oven!
- Adjusting in the UK. Love to go in groceries and try their food.
- Grill Sessions were the best, thank you, Tita Emma
- London! Cambridge! and more..
- Back in The Philippines! Gosh, I miss home
- Room Renovation. Costly yet worth it. Adjusting my body clock!
- BBR App launch release. Super busy.
- Happy 26th Birthday to Me. Weird. With people but I feel alone.
- Nothing Much, watched Netflix Series with sissy: Umbrella Academy, Stranger Things
- Plot Twist
- Queen’s Gambit
Overall, I had the courage to travel during the pre-pandemic and then got stuck in the UK for like half a year. I came back to the PH, just working from home, and realize I miss human interactions. Why do we love what we can’t have?
I’ll end this review here for now. I’ll continue Steps 2 and 3 in my next post or so. Kinda sleepy. haha